POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Feb 2009 04:17:00
Message: <49953a8c$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm definitely not as far as you, but I don't think the game is easy, OR
> all the weapons powerful.

I'm glad it's not just me!

> The sniper rifle, of course, is insanely effective combined with Cloak
> :)  Cue Bishop from UT: "One shot, one kill!"

...except that, for the most part, the sniper rifle doesn't seem to kill
things. :-(

(One of the guys from my clan claims you have to hit them in the head
for it to work. Also, the guys in those lookout posts have a habit of
randomly ducking even though they can't possibly know I'm there...)

> My latest "fun" tactic (which I've actually found quite effective): Turn
> speed on, run right up to the enemy soldiers, grab them by the throat,
> and run out before the others can shoot you!  It's like I'm the human
> counterpart to the flying spaghetti monster who's been grabbing my guys :)

...except that you can only ran 20 yard before you run out of energy.
And by that point God-knows how many enemies will be firing rocket
launchers and shotguns and sniper rifles and SMGs at you, so you'll be dead.

I do find it kind of amusing how you can grab somebody by the throat and
they just *stand* there, not attempting to escape. I guess I do have it
on the very lowest difficulty setting...