POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kd-trees rule! : Re: kd-trees rule! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kd-trees rule!
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 13 Feb 2009 03:28:42
Message: <49952f3a$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:

> It's snakes on a *** plane!  I like it.  Really, it's no small feat to get this
> far.  What's after kd-trees?

Thanks!

Hmm. I really don't know where to start after the SAH cost model of
kd-tree is finished. Most likely I'll spend some time refining the code
and making it more polished etc.

But I'll have to think about the material interface a bit more. Now I
have simple reflections and refractions which are not physically correct
and look unrealistic. Real reflections are angle dependent. A glass ball
reflects more at low angle than when looking form surface normal
direction. This has to be implemented properly.

I want to have Fresnel (or some good approximation like Shlick's
approximation). We'll see :D