POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
10 Sep 2024 03:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Feb 2009 14:42:33
Message: <49947ba9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:34:03 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>Then logically, if I want to stick to the Northern line, I guess it has
>>to be East Finchley.
>>
> We are getting closer to Watford and "here by tygers"
>
> Golders Green

Burnt Oak.  We're running out of Northern Line, will be interested to see
where you go from there. :-)

>>> OMG! Work on a production system. Scarey :)
>>
>>Well, not really - it was work on a part of the system I know inside and
>>out in my sleep.  It just took some time is all.
>
> I know ;)

It was actually a lot of fun, got to use tools I was trained on but only
rarely used at all (of course, low-level database editing is ugly and
there was one misstep, not a critical one, but caused by the fact that
remote controlling a remote control session by remote control (yes, three
redirections) caused me to type CTRL-U and for it to be repeated about 50
times on the target system.  Whoops.

> But when you (me) work in development systems 99.99% of the time "Prod"
> is the big black beast :)

Yeah, there is that. :-)

Jim