POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: St
Date: 12 Feb 2009 06:53:48
Message: <49940dcc$1@news.povray.org>
news:4993f9ee$1@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>
>>       You seem to be playing a different game to me. Did you update to
>> 1.2? You should.
>
> More exactly, I believe Steam should.

     Of course, forgot you did it that way.

> Is there a way I can tell from the tiny version numbers in the corner of
> the setup screen?

    If Steam automatically updated the game to 1.2, then it should read:
1.1.1.6115

    But if Steam has updated to the hotfix of 1.21, then I don't know what
the version number will be as I don't have 1.21 installed. The hotfix 1.21
is really only for the multiplayer side of the game so I'm not sure if Steam
would update this.

>> Try hitting F1 twice for 3rd person view, it's easier to fly around.
>
> ...you can DO that??

     Yeah sure. It's only the VTOL that has three views, the first view
being inside the cockpit with the full HUD, the second is the same view but
without the HUD, and the third is 3rd person. Ground vehicles only have 1st
and 3rd views, and you can't use it with the player. (You can in the editor
though).

    ~Steve~