POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Feb 2009 05:27:22
Message: <4993f98a$1@news.povray.org>
>>>       Did you find the Gauss rifle?
>> Yeah. "Nomad, take the Gauss rifle" was my first clue.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, it's like a shotgun, but less damaging.
>
>     Huh? That rifle will take out a Scout alien with 2-3 shots, a shotty
> will never do that. Hit an NK with a Gauss and he should fly back a few
> hundred yards.

It's interesting. Everybody I've spoken to seems to think all the
weapons are really powerful, and the game is easy, and you can just
storm through it. I'm seriously starting to wonder if I'm playing the
same game here... :-P

There doesn't seem to be a *huge* difference in power between the Gauss
and the shotgun, so maybe it's psychological. When you fire the shotgun,
it makes a nice bang and fires a visible projectile. The Gauss just
shimmers a bit. Maybe that makes it seem less powerful? Certainly both
guns require an absurd number of shots to take anything down.

(Obviously I tried to avoid using either of them except where necessary.
In other words, when I've run out of ammo for everything else. Which was
mainly during the final battle on the aircraft carrier...)