POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A second comming : Re: A second comming Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A second comming
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Feb 2009 15:02:24
Message: <49932ed0$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:56:50 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Ouch indeed.  Kinda the reverse of what nearly everyone I know who
>> learned to drive a stick went through when not timing the clutch
>> properly when shifting.
>
> Oh, I did that too. This was years after I learned to drive a stick. I
> just wasn't really paying attention to the controls as such. Just, you
> know, drivin'.

Yep, I managed it when I tried driving a stick for the first time in
years myself.  Takes a few tries to get the hang of it again.

At least when I drove in England, I was driving an automatic.  I don't
know that I'd get used to shifting with the lever on the wrong side (Yes,
Stephen, the left side is the WRONG side <g>).

Jim