POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
10 Sep 2024 01:40:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Feb 2009 14:39:54
Message: <4993298a@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:13:24 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> Aye, Mon.
>>
>>Scottish-Jamaican, apparently? ;-)
>>
> There are strong links between Scotland and Jamaica, both being points
> on the slave triangle. During my time in Kingston I saw lots of Scottish
> place names and my wife was asked by a musing cab driver why that could
> be. There followed a moments silence and a "Respect, man" LOL

Interesting, I didn't know about the ties there.  I have learned a thing
today! ;-)

>>> Flick, flick, flick. Right then.
>>>
>>> Kentish Town.
>>
>>That's more like it.  :-)  We wouldn't want to come to a premature end,
>>after all. ;-)
>>
>>Tufnell Park.
>>
> Interesting as I'm going to look a flat in near there tomorrow so I'll
> stay on the northern line and get off at Highgate

Well, then I'll stick with the northern line, and in honour of the fallen
arch at Arches National Monument in southern Utah, I'll get off at
Archway.

>>I could see that.  Meshes can get quite big, at that. :)
>
> Especially when you have lots of animated series. Thank the Wee Man they
> compress well :)

Indeed.  Text file compression is useful and very good.  Had to do that
yesterday - first time in 6 years I've actually done work on a production
system, pity it was diagnosis and troubleshooting.  I remember the late
nights now, didn't get home until 2300.

Jim