POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Usability targets and frameworks : Re: Usability targets and frameworks Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Usability targets and frameworks
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Feb 2009 18:03:12
Message: <499207b0$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> This looks like the relevant info. Maybe if I turn this off, Word will
> finally behave deterministically...

It's deterministic. It's just not always easy to understand. :-)

> Yes. Because Notepad allows you to use multiple typefaces. Oh, wait... :-P

Mark it up with HTML then. :-)

> You'd think you could import *all* the classes in one go though, no?

Dunno. You might need to write a 5-line VBA script to do that. ;-)

> I see. I thought it was only for people who want to write low-level C
> code that runs under Windows. (Obviously, this is not something I ever
> want to have to do.)

No. If you develop anything for Windows, that's where it goes.

And if you subscribe for something like $50/year, you get boxes and boxes of
CDs with every version of every OS and Office and development tool they ever
produced.

>>> The top link appears to be a reference document. Which is nice, but
>>> not for learning how to use something for the first time.
>>
>> Suck it up, dude. Not every product comes with a free tutorial.
>
> Why the hell not? If you've paid good money for it, surely you expect to
> get instructions?

You get instructions. You don't get a tutorial for people who can't handle
the instructions. :-)

> You know what? When I bought a Pascal compiler, it came with a book that
> teaches you how to program in Pascal.

Gee. And to think I spent all that money on college.

> You'd think if you buy a
> wordprocessor, it could come with instructions telling you what all the
> various options mean, and how to make it do stuff. (Especially given the
> exorbitant price tag...)

Uh, it does. As reference material.

> I get a ToC, but not focused on the thing that's actually displayed in
> the main pane. (This seems to happen frequently.)

That happens sometimes. You might have to scroll, especially if you have
javascript turned off.

> <cynical> I wonder if it's because I'm not using IE? </cynical>

Works fine for me with firefox.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"