POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game recommendations : Re: Game recommendations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game recommendations
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Feb 2009 17:04:03
Message: <4991f9d3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>> Conceptually perhaps,
>
>> That's what I meant, yes. More a "puzzle of how to get there" than anything.
>
>   At least if you turn the red hints off.

Yes. I only played the demo, so I guess that hadn't really occurred to me.
It's good to hear you can turn the hints off.

I expect *I* would need them on for the first level or two, just to learn
what can and can't be done. Otherwise, I'd try four times to jump to
someplace, decide it's not the right way, and only after much frustration
have to go back to see it was right after all and I just wasn't jumping
straight. :-)

I take it then that there is, in general, only one usable path to your goal?
If so, that's kind of disappointing. It seems like it would be easy to make
two or three ways past each problem, leading to much greater replayability.
That's one of the things that made Thief and Deus Ex and all so fun.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"