POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Usability targets and frameworks : Re: Usability targets and frameworks Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Usability targets and frameworks
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 Feb 2009 15:56:23
Message: <4991e9f7$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Otherwise, how would you expect to install SP3 if it doesn't make an
>>> account for you to run the install from?
>>
>> How about the local admin account? You know, since it asks for a
>> password for that during setup anyway...
>
> Yeah. You'd need to be more expert at configuring Windows setups before
> modifying what accounts it creates during setup and such.

As it is, it decides whether to create a local account based on whether
you join a domain or not. I don't see why it can't just *ask* you
whether you want it to create a local account or not...

>> It's just irritating.
>
> But that's your job. It's obviously not irritating enough to work out
> how to avoid the problem. :-)

Uh, didn't this thread start out with "M$ doesn't document things well
enough"?

>>> Again, what's hard? Where did you look for the resource kit before?
>>
>> I was reading some KB article, and it said something like "see
>> KB384728374 for how to obtain the resource kit". And I don't remember
>> what happened from there. There was lots of time-consuming link
>> chasing, but I never did find a download.
>
> And you didn't think to go to microsoft's search engine and type in
> "download resource kit"?

I think I might have. But in general, Microsoft's own search engine
tends not to find anything useful. Google typically works better. Like I
said, I think I managed to download a Word document explaining how to
use the resource kit, but not the resource kit itself.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/