POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Usability targets and frameworks : Re: Usability targets and frameworks Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Usability targets and frameworks
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Feb 2009 15:35:48
Message: <4991e524$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> The paperclip at least can be disabled. The other unecessary
> helpy-helper features seem to be unavoidable.

Here's what typing "turn off automatic capitalization" into the help box
brings up:

  Turn on or off AutoCorrect options

On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options.
To select the options, do one or more of the following:
To show or hide the AutoCorrect Options buttons, select or clear the Show
AutoCorrect Options buttons check box.
To set the capitalization options, select or clear the next five check boxes
in the dialog box.
To turn on or off the AutoCorrect entries, select or clear the Replace text
as you type check box.
To turn on or off the spelling checker corrections, select the Replace text
as you type check box, and then select or clear the Automatically use
suggestions from the spelling checker check box.
Note  To select the Automatically use suggestions from the spelling checker
check box, you must first turn on automatic spell checking (On the Tools
menu, click Options, and on the Spelling & Grammar tab, select the Check
spelling as you type check box.

Tip

You can undo a correction or turn AutoCorrect options on or off by clicking
an option on the AutoCorrect Options button . The button first appears as a
small, blue box when you rest the mouse pointer near text that is
automatically corrected, and it changes to a button icon when you point to it.

+=+=+=+

"Turn off automatic formatting:"

On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the AutoFormat
As You Type tab.
Select or clear the options you want.

Seems pretty straightforward for an expert to understand. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"