POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Usability targets and frameworks : Re: Usability targets and frameworks Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Usability targets and frameworks
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Feb 2009 15:35:45
Message: <4991e521@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Unless, that is, you join the PC to a domain during setup. Then it
> doesn't ask you for an account and puts in the correct settings. But if
> you want to, say, install Windows, load SP3, and *then* join the
> domain... sorry, can't easily do that.

So put SP3 on the CD before you install it?  It's called "slipstreaming" the
disk. It's pretty straightforward if you have something that can burn a CD.

Otherwise, how would you expect to install SP3 if it doesn't make an account
for you to run the install from?  When you're done, delete or disable the
account, and you're good. (You can't auto-login to an account by default
unless there's only one account and it has no password, so even adding a
password would take care of it.)

> All I know is that several KB articles mention tools that are only
> available in the resource kit, and I have tried multiple times to obtain
> this kit, yet never actually succeeded.

Go to msdn.microsoft.com
type "resource kit" into the search bar.
You'll get back a page of entries for downloading all the resource kits for
different software packages.

Again, what's hard? Where did you look for the resource kit before?

> It's always nice when an Internet argument manages to produce
> *something* of use... ;-)

I always try to produce something of use! :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"