POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A second comming : Re: A second comming Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A second comming
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 10 Feb 2009 10:40:53
Message: <4991a005$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Well of course if you are deliberately aiming for such things, I can
> never resist blipping the accelerator on an empty snowy corner to get a
> bit of sideways action :-D

Doesn't help me, while I'm driving FWD as daily ride.

> If only I had the skill to do this with my car without crashing! (but
> not the stupidity to do it while there's other traffic arround).
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZ5407L718

Nnnnnice, proper 4WD sliding is always fun to watch, but as you say, it
doesn't belong there where this was shooted.

> Hehe I love mine, but first I always have to hold down some button for 5
> seconds to really turn off all the driving aids (just pressing it only
> turns them half off).  Actually 99% of the time I have all the driving
> aids turned on (that's the default), they really are quite impressive at
> keeping the car going the direction you are pointing.

Same for me with ESP, even though most slides (practically all I've
faced) would piece of cake to take control or even get back controlled
by the natural movement of the car - Audi B8 is actually pretty easy and
nice to handle in such manners.

-Aero