POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yay for me! : Re: Yay for me! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yay for me!
From: scott
Date: 10 Feb 2009 05:50:48
Message: <49915c08$1@news.povray.org>
> Suffice it to say that there is now a small indoor water feature in my
> bedroom. I haven't seen the damage myself yet, but by the sounds of it, my
> bed is soaked, my video camera might not work any more, the box for my new

> room is likely to be no longer usable. (E.g., the spare PSU.)
>
> When my mum contacted the company, they said they would dock the workmen's
> pay. It is unclear to me how this actually helps *us*.
>
> I wonder... if workmen damage your property, can they be held legally
> accountable for this?

Not sure, but I would guess the exact legal situation won't affect you (are
you really going to take them to court if they refuse to pay for your video
camera?).  It will more depend on how decent and reputable the company is, a
good company would of course fix any damage and pay for any items directly
damaged by their mistakes.

Anyway, your house insurance might cover such events.  What a shame you
hadn't taken your brand new GFX card out of the box yet when it got soaked
:-)