POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Usability targets and frameworks : Re: Usability targets and frameworks Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Usability targets and frameworks
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Feb 2009 23:50:01
Message: <49910779@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Have you any idea how many people in the workforce cannot write a well
> formatted letter?

Or how many marketing people struggle with basic grammar, for that matter? :-)

>> Similarly, there is apparently no way for a knowledgable system
>> administrator like myself to install and configure a copy of Windows.
>
> At least through XP, there was a method of burning your own custom
> install of Windows to an image that could be used from a CD for an
> unattended install.  I believe there was a way to do remote installs as
> well, but I'm not sure about that one.

Yes. If you never look for the information, of course, you don't find it.
But HP doesn't sit there installing the OS one at a time when they make
machines. :-)

http://labmice.techtarget.com/windowsxp/Install/unattend.htm

You know, that wasn't really hard at all. A pretty obvious google query
answers that for you, with links to all the official MS pages.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"