POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know it's been a cold winter when... : Re: You know it's been a cold winter when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know it's been a cold winter when...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Feb 2009 21:41:19
Message: <4990e94f$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:03:40 -0500, Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>> It's funny how that works, isn't it?  My wife and I went out the other
>> day to go chat with our neighbours, and she put on a fairly heavy coat;
>> I went out wearing a T-shirt.
>>
>> It was 37F outside at the time.  She declared it cold, but I thought it
>> was really nice out.
>>
>> But 37F in October or November is *freezing*.
>>
> My daughter and I were outside kicking around her soccer ball yesterday.
>  It was about 45 degrees and sunny at the time.  Neither of us needed
> jackets. If it was July, we'd have frozen to death.  It's so strange...
>
> We're currently getting some warm weather, and the snow is quickly
> disappearing.  I wish it would hold for awhile, but spring is still 2
> months away.

Can't wait for it to get here, that's for sure.  I was standing in our
office building to day (a rare day for me - I was actually not working
from home) and it just suddenly dumped all over us - rain, snow, sleet,
hail - not really sure what it was.  But there was a LOT of it.

The two guys I was talking to said "wow, that's cool", and I pointed out
I had to drive 45 miles in it.  They thought it was slightly less cool.

In fairness, it was a pretty impressive bit of precip.

Jim