POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Usability targets and frameworks : Re: Usability targets and frameworks Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Usability targets and frameworks
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Feb 2009 13:43:12
Message: <49907940$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Arguably this is why most M$ products aren't useful to experts. Almost
> every M$ product I've seen to date is designed around the assumption
> that the person using it is too stupid to operate a complex machine and
> must therefore be prevented from doing certain things.

Huh?  SQL Server is very nice and powerful. Their IDEs are some of the best
out there. Their latest compiler technology is in front of most other
people. You can code Excel and Word in .NET and pull data out of
spreadsheets to make charts, and take data off of Word forms and stick it
into a database, all without any programming.

Hell, their word processor is powerful enough to have macros that are viruses.

How is that "too stupid to operate a complex machine"?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"