POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Technical support is... : Re: Technical support is... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technical support is...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 9 Feb 2009 10:10:30
Message: <49904766$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>>> Sadly the case :-(
>>
>> Far from it ...

Wow, I think I screwed up there. I meant the mechanic is far from an
engineer.

> No, see, most people *do* think that terms sounding vaguely similar in
> fact refer to the same thing.
>
> For example, most people would probably agree what "pharmacutical
> analyst" and "chemical engineer" amount to the same thing. (Which is, of
> course, completely false.) Most people would similarly believe that
> "electrical engineer" and "staff electrician" are the same thing. And
> the list goes on...

Yeah, The EE knows the theory behind what he is doing. He knows WHY you
want, for instance, equal potential on all ground connections.

The electrician simply knows that he'll get flagged if he wires the hot
wire where the neutral was supposed to go. He may even be vaguely aware
that it might pose an electrocution hazard. :)

--
~Mike