POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yay for me! : Re: Yay for me! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yay for me!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 9 Feb 2009 10:05:48
Message: <4990464c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> When my mum contacted the company, they said they would dock the
> workmen's pay. It is unclear to me how this actually helps *us*.
>
> I wonder... if workmen damage your property, can they be held legally
> accountable for this?

First: Is someone going to fix the freaking leak?
Second: I would think they would refund a portion of what your mum paid
to have whatever service done.

Dunno how things like that in the UK, But here, I think there's legal
recourse for damage incurred by someone performing work. Many
contractors are thusly insured so insurance takes care of paying for
damages. Unless the "victim" chooses to pursue a lawsuit.

--
~Mike