POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know it's been a cold winter when... : Re: You know it's been a cold winter when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know it's been a cold winter when...
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 9 Feb 2009 10:03:40
Message: <499045cc$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> It's funny how that works, isn't it?  My wife and I went out the other
> day to go chat with our neighbours, and she put on a fairly heavy coat; I
> went out wearing a T-shirt.
>
> It was 37F outside at the time.  She declared it cold, but I thought it
> was really nice out.
>
> But 37F in October or November is *freezing*.

My daughter and I were outside kicking around her soccer ball yesterday.  It
was about 45 degrees and sunny at the time.  Neither of us needed jackets.
If it was July, we'd have frozen to death.  It's so strange...

We're currently getting some warm weather, and the snow is quickly
disappearing.  I wish it would hold for awhile, but spring is still 2 months
away.