POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A second comming : Re: A second comming Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A second comming
From: scott
Date: 9 Feb 2009 06:00:34
Message: <49900cd2$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, brakes tend to be "on or off", if you don't have ABS, pumping the
> brake pedal generally works well, but also if you can drop to a lower
> gear, do that.

Watch out though when changing down (in a manual), you might lock the driven
wheels if you let up the clutch too quickly, in a rear wheel drive car this
can give you a good wake up call :-)

> I also will occasionally tap the brakes to see if the car will slow
> down.

Yep this is good advice, when it's safe to do so then *try out* how much
grip you actually have, this will avoid a big surprise later up the road
when you really do need to stop or turn quickly.