POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game recommendations : Re: Game recommendations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game recommendations
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Feb 2009 14:09:44
Message: <498f2df8$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Not that I can't understand why you wouldn't like it, and I agree that
> the visuals are the only really interesting part,

Not just the visuals. The story, the design, etc. The interaction was simple
and straightforward.

I've seen lots of later games with fabulous visuals that really sucked as
games or even stories (I'm looking at you, Schism!). The creators got it
wrong, thinking that only the visuals mattered.

I, myself, have always thought the whole Myst series was amazingly PG given
that you could play the whole game with one hand.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"