POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Warp
Date: 8 Feb 2009 02:09:29
Message: <498e8529@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it's crashed my computer twice now.  I have to try the
> latest update to see if that fixes anything.

  Can you monitor the GPU and CPU temperatures somehow?

  I have never heard how common it is, but I have the strong suspicion that
at least sometimes the computer crashing when playing a game is caused by
overheating, rather than any bug in the game (or other software) itself.

  After all, a game like Crysis probably stresses the GPU (and the CPU)
quite a lot, and they tend to gain temperature when overworked.

--
                                                          - Warp