POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DEM maps for desert dunes... : DEM maps for desert dunes... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  DEM maps for desert dunes...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Feb 2009 16:57:08
Message: <498e03b4$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to find an "area" in one of the free map sites for a height
map for the sort of "huge" dunes you can find in some deserts, you know,
like you usually see in a lot of movies. Unfortunately, while the sites
provide the maps for free, there are not so nice about providing a way
to narrow down on what you are looking for. lol Any ideas what maps I
might want to look at?

Or, failing that, something that can generate them? The result needs to
be importable into Bryce, probably, so I can use some if its tricks to
make a "cleft" in the land, and a few others adjustments, then the final
result broken up into pieces that can be imported to SL/Legend City
(later had cheaper sims), to try to see if I can build a "surface",
which looks real, covers an entire sim *and* can be built under. ;)

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();