POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game recommendations : Re: Game recommendations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game recommendations
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Feb 2009 15:53:35
Message: <498df4cf$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> In later years I've been digging interactive-fiction games (AKA
>
> If you're into that sort of thing, this is a very cool authoring system
> for them. Basically, the same sort of parser that the game uses is
> employed to write the game itself.
>
> http://inform-fiction.org/I7/Welcome.html

Yes, Inform is one of those systems I was talking about.  Graham Nelson
reverse engineered Infocom's z-machine format and wrote a compiler for
it still in the nineties.  Inform 7 is the latest evolution: a (almost)
natural language parser that compiles to previous Inform 6 format.  It's
a joy to behold.  Unfortunately I don't have enough english skills
(mostly vocabulary) nor literary talent to try my hand at writing games
with it.