POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
10 Sep 2024 01:37:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Feb 2009 05:40:47
Message: <498d652f$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 10:27:12 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 5 Feb 2009 11:30:25 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>> Richmond, North Yorkshire is the Mother of all Richmonds throughout
>>> the world. There are 57 altogether. The word Richmond comes from the
>>> Norman Riche-Mont meaning Strong Hill.
>>
>>That sounds vaguely French... ;-)
>>
> We don't like to remind the English that the Normans were French and
> ruled them. :)

LOL, that's right, you're actually from Scotland IIRC. ;-)

>>I'll still take the one in Ontario. :-)
>>
> Welcome to it ;)

BTDT.  Actually, my buddy there took me up to the CN Tower - one of the
tallest structures of its type in the world (in fact, the largest IIRC).
I'm sure the view was amazing during the day, but we got up there after
dark, so really all I could see were some city lights and a big black
space where the lake is.

>>> Ha! Ha! Morningtown Crescent.
>>
>>No, no, no, no, no.....Remember that we were playing under the new
>>revised standard rules, which don't allow U-turns.  Which rule lets you
>>get to MC? ;-)
>>
> The rule of the 253 bus towards Euston.

Well, ordinarily yes, but when Pratchforth's Restriction is in play (as
it obviously would be when U-Turns aren't allowed (see pp 172-174 & page
227 of Stovold's rules)), all direct routes between those two points are
in fact blocked.  You don't think I'd make that move to Camden Road if
that restriction weren't in place, do you? ;-)

>>There are days I feel the same way.....It's amazing how much space gets
>>freed up when you don't keep old versions of VMware (for example).
>
> I don't use VMware myself but I know what you mean. With me it is oodles
> of downloaded s/ware that I disregard after one play.

That also was a factor in my recent hard drive purge as well - in fact,
it was a fair amount of OSS source code that I'd unpacked and built and
then left the directories (with code, object files, and executables) all
in my downloads directory.  That's a good way to waste space. :-)

Jim