POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game recommendations : Re: Game recommendations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game recommendations
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Feb 2009 21:27:30
Message: <498cf192$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   With the recent gaming-related threads, I thought about creating one
> myself: Do you have any game gems which you would recommend people to try?
> Maybe an older game which most people have forgotten, which is still today
> as great as back then? Or a game which didn't get too much media attention
> but is actually incredibly cool?

I'm sure you meant relatively recent games, i.e. within the last 10
years at least. However, I can't resist wheeling this out, probably
utterly unheard of to anyone outside the UK (including the computer it
ran on).

The single computer game I have most ever enjoyed playing is: "Exile"
for the BBC Micro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_(arcade_adventure)

If you never played games on a platform this old then it will probably
hold no interest for you, compared with modern systems. However, I know
that many people who frequent this server have a few years behind them,
so... maybe... someone will have heard of it, or even played it!

:)