POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open Source Documentation : Open Source Documentation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Open Source Documentation
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Feb 2009 19:50:44
Message: <498cdae4$1@news.povray.org>
You gotta love some of the open source documentation out there.  I'm
learning Blender right now, and some of the docs are kind of amusing.
(They'd be downright annoying if it was commercial software, mind.)
Makes you appreciate POV-Ray docs.

"""
I don't know what this parameter does, but I've played around with it and
gotten pictures like this...
"""
I gotta wonder who would implement some change and not at least leave a note
that says what the change is supposed to do.

Another classic favorite:
"""
The XYZ parameter replaces the old PDQ technique, making it faster and
easier to get the same results."
"""
... which is great, if you've been using the software long enough to know
what the PDQ technique was supposed to do. At least leave the documentation
in for PDQ. :-)

I know most programmers don't like to write documentation, but it's always a
little jarring to me to run across something like that.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"