POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Feb 2009 18:24:33
Message: <498cc6b1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The same cannot be said of 3D games, where less than 10 years is enough
> to make once-beautiful graphics look ugly.

Perhaps it's because it looks bad compared to reality? Are there 3D games
that aren't attempting to model reality? What was that vector-graphic one in
arcade games that looked like a tunnel and you ran around the outside edge
dropping things on those coming up?

I imagine if a 3D game were abstract enough, it wouldn't look dated after a
while. Imagine something like Jumpman or Donkey Kong done in 3D. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"