POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Verizon math fail : Re: Verizon math fail Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Verizon math fail
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Feb 2009 16:01:29
Message: <498ca529@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Can it be that even some elementary school math teachers don't themselves
> fully understand the generic rules, and instead just blindly repeat the
> examples of the textbooks?

I'm firmly convinced that is indeed the case. In the US at least, you get a
degree in "teaching", not in a specific subject. It's usually not until high
school that you even meet someone with an advanced degree in the field
they're teaching. (Of course, college and university is different.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"