POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Feb 2009 14:11:12
Message: <498c8b50$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:33:20 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Also... so this is a game about a bunch of Americans running around
>>> killing North Koreans? And... it's also on sale... in Korea??
>>
>> South Korea is not an export-controlled country.  North Korea is. ;-)
>
> Yeah, but...
>
> OK, let me put it this way. If there was a game about North Koreans
> killing US troops, how popular do you think that game would be in the
> US??

Probably not very in the US, but it arguably might be popular in North
Korea.

North Korea and South Korea don't generally get along, in fact, they've
been at war off and on for some time now.

So I don't think many South Koreans would object to it.

You can fill that argument in with any countries, though - how about
Northern Ireland and England?

How about Germany and England, in fact?  There are plenty of games like
this, in fact.  Castle Wolfenstein, anyone?

Jim