POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows features : Re: Windows features Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows features
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Feb 2009 18:28:15
Message: <498b760f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> When it breaks, it's not always obvious to the programmer why it broke,
> so giving a meaningful error message isn't always possible. If the
> programmer knew why it broke, they'd have fixed the problem instead of
> giving an error message.

True, but, too often they don't provide the program with a clear clue
what to do when something goes wrong that "should be" a possible problem
either. :p Computer teacher in high school and the ones in college
"both" said, "Its not enough to assume the data going in is right, so
make sure if its wrong, the program can do something 'rational' with it,
if it is wrong, like generating an error report." ;)

> Log entries aren't error messages. They're success messages. If success
> is what you're expecting, you don't need to look at the log records.

Almost like one game on the old Apple IIs, if you hit some combination
of control keys it would generate a message, "Congratulations, you find
a bug we didn't expect." lol It didn't crash, but the result made us
laugh our asses off.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {