POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debugging and line numbers : Re: Debugging and line numbers Server Time
17 May 2024 02:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging and line numbers
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Feb 2009 13:19:55
Message: <498b2dcb$1@news.povray.org>
clipka escreveu:
> Hum... so now I know in which *function* it crashes - but what do I have to do
> in order to get the *line number*??

http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_9.html#SEC57

In particular:
"When your program stops, GDB spontaneously prints the line where it
stopped. Likewise, when you select a stack frame (see section Selecting
a Frame), GDB prints the line where execution in that frame has stopped.
You can print other portions of source files by explicit command."

Some commands:
next
step
list linenumber
list functionname

etc

> I knew I wouldn't like debugging under Linux :S

Not really that bad if you RTFM. ;)

I might too that both vim and emacs support fluid integrated interfaces
to the whole dev stack:  make, gcc and gdb.  Of course, it would need
you to learn a bit of these very different tools, something not
happening when you seem reluctant to try even KDevelop and it's VS-like
workflow...