POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma Test Scene : Re: Gamma Test Scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma Test Scene
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 5 Feb 2009 12:12:43
Message: <498b1e0b@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4986021ec6af8354f8450bd80@news.povray.org...
> Ever wondered how on earth you could verify that your POV gamma settings
> are ok?
> This scene is the answer.

You know it's funny how you can read something and not really get it, then
find another source with the same information (slightly different wording)
and the light bulb goes on!!!!! ..... anyway for the benifit of others who
might have had the same disconnect as I did.

http://www.siggraph.org/education/materials/HyperGraph/color/gamma_correction/gamma_intro.html

I case this wraps and breaks the link, I googled "gamma correction tutorial"
.... the SigGraph passage was the top hit.

I really wanted to argue 2.5 vs 2.2 as I had arrived at 2.5 (using the
example in the docs) and had been using that forever. I just didn't feel I
knew enough about it to present my case .... well it's a moot point now as
(haha) I get it!

Cheers