POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : supplying parameters dynamically : Re: supplying parameters dynamically Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: supplying parameters dynamically
From: Chris B
Date: 5 Feb 2009 04:20:44
Message: <498aaf6c$1@news.povray.org>
"stevenvh" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.498a8a84c849518bc0721a1d0@news.povray.org...
>I am an idiot, that I couldn't think of something this obvious.

Not at all. I've been doing this for years. When I started there's no way
I'd have gotten straight to this solution.

Also there are alternative, more conventional approaches that separate out
the language directives and the object definition as much as possible (e.g.
using arrays and macros etc. to split the #while loop out from the prism
definition). These can prove advantageous and tidier if you start to develop
more complex ways of using your data. I just took the lazy route and went
for an approach that seemed easy for me to explain :-).

Regards,
Chris B.