POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Feb 2009 10:01:29
Message: <4989adc9$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> My point was that "update" in their world means, "We maybe patched some
> bugs, but this is damn unlikely, unless they where security bugs."

No it doesn't. I get all kinds of UI updates, new file systems, .NET,
browser updates, media player updates, new codecs, new functionality on
media center, new (admittedly lame) games in the games list, new examples
and tutorials and libraries for their compilers, new block lists for junk
mail, etc.  It's not limited just to upgrades.

> In other words, you may be forced to "wait" for that high price update,
> if you expect to see some things fixed at all, and that... just sucks,
> and is yet another reason to be "somewhat" less than impressed by them.

Well, no. They don't give much software away for free. I think we're all
aware of that.

> That is, if a list of "patches" that are like 99% security, and don't
> ever address "any" real problem you are having, isn't enough, by itself.

Well, I guess you bought the wrong product. That doesn't mean the product is
wrong, it means it doesn't do everything you want. But that's like
complaining your VW won't haul concrete.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"