POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Allied forces : Re: Allied forces Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Allied forces
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 3 Feb 2009 07:13:35
Message: <498834ef@news.povray.org>
"Mike Hough" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> Don't know about spiders, but insects employ two strategies that I know
> of. One is to burrow into the ground below the frost line. The other is to
> replace their blood (hemolymph) with a substance with a much lower
> freezing point than water (glycerol?).
>
> Right about now the skunk cabbages are getting ready to bloom. They are
> able to melt the snow and ice around their flowers by generating mass
> amounts of heat.

Mother nature is pretty amazing  isn't she?
I saw a piece on a very small tree frog that borrows into ground and it's
actually frozen there until the spring thaw.
The opposite end of the spectrum ... those tube worms living near those
volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean.

Like I said life is an unstoppable force.

Jim