POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : beta 3.7 multicore feature automatic or requires code? : Re: beta 3.7 multicore feature automatic or requires code? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 3.7 multicore feature automatic or requires code?
From: Alain
Date: 2 Feb 2009 18:51:50
Message: <49878716$1@news.povray.org>
societyofrobots nous illumina en ce 2009-02-02 01:45 -->
> "clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Be warned that radiosity in 3.7.0.beta.30 is almost unusable in any but the
>> simplest scenes, due to a number of bugs; radiosity support in
>> 3.7.0.beta.30-rad1 (a radiosity update to the beta.30) is much better regarding
>> quality, but seems to be just as unusable in practice due to some speed issues
>> I'm currently trying to track down and fix, except for scenes with a
>> recursion_depth of 1.
>
> Is there an email list or notification feature to send out an email when a fix
> comes out? I'm producing POV movies so this speed boost is very desirable . . .
> If I install the beta and run into the bug, will downgrading back to the
> previous version result in any problems?
>
> (btw nice software, is a huge help for prototyping my electronics products)

The beta leave the previous, non-beta, install intact and fully functionnal.

As betas are time limited, you may encounter some problem of you try to go back
to a previous beta build.

--
Alain
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.