POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Feb 2009 15:52:24
Message: <49875d08$1@news.povray.org>
>> Does that mean I
>> can configure an ODBC connection to an Access database, even though I
>> don't have access?
>
> You might need this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2deddec4-350e-4cd0-a12a-d7f70a153156&DisplayLang=en

Mmm, OK.

(Failing that, I just use one of the machines at work... muhuhuhu!)

>> More generally, does anybody here know how to work ODBC?
>>

> ODBC is relatively simple, but, Gail could probably help... maybe..

This is my feeling also. ;-)

I have actually had cause to meddle with ODBC a very little in the past.
But considering I want to attempt to develop a program that talks to a
database, if it doesn't work I won't know if my program is wrong, the
ODBC library is broken, or I just haven't configured ODBC correctly! :-S

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/