POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ask the engineer : Re: Ask the engineer Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ask the engineer
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Feb 2009 12:04:51
Message: <498727b3$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Bellcore has the phone pole farm. Hundreds of 4-foot-high telephone
>> poles in a field, some with showerheads sprinkling them, some with
>> mirrors around them shining extra sun on them, etc etc etc, to see how
>> long the various treatments would make phone poles last.
>
> That's cool :-)

It was especially funny when they split into AT&T Long Distance and the
local telcos.  They had to cut a new door in each side of the building
there, brick up the front door, and build a wall down the middle of the
building on the inside, so they could comply with the law not to share
assets. Some other parts of the facility were dedicated to long-term testing
of the long-distance stuff, see.

There was even a foot-high brick wall down the middle of the parking lot,
and now two entrances to the parking lot. Weird.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"