POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : White is in the winter : Re: White is in the winter Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White is in the winter
From: scott
Date: 2 Feb 2009 10:40:06
Message: <498713d6$1@news.povray.org>
> Presumably you want it to not be *too* flexible though, lest the power
> steering mechanism stops working. It would be nice to still be able to
> steer. ;-)

Well yes, I assume we're talking about "flexible" enough to allow a tiny jet
of hydraulic fluid to open under really vigorous steering, not a bit of
rubber that's going to twist through 180 degrees :-)

> Tell me, does this mean that there's no such thing as an inelastic
> collission outside of textbooks?

YOu mean no such thing as an *elastic* collision?  No, not at a macroscopic
level.  Any collision is going to lose some energy to sound, heat, plastic
deformation etc, some things get pretty close though.