POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : next beta delayed due to hardware trouble : Re: next beta delayed due to hardware trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: next beta delayed due to hardware trouble
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Feb 2009 17:02:22
Message: <49861bee$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:498615d7@news.povray.org...
> Bob Hughes wrote:
>>
>> Wondering if any donations are needed. Thinking I could give some $$ via
>> PayPal anyway, not sure how else.
>
> Ta for the offer, at this stage all is OK (i.e. I have a spare hard
> drive). It's
> getting the data across that is a pain, I have a three-week old backup but
> I'd
> really like to recover the stuff I've done in the meantime. I'm working on
> that.

Oh. Only time and patience can help there. :)
Much easier replacing the hardware. Wishing you good luck retrieving those
files intact.

Didn't intend to bring up the subject of donations again, I know something
similar happened a while ago and had been explained it wasn't planned to put
a donations link on the POV-Ray web site. I had looked around there thinking
that idea might have changed, not just buy stuff through links.

Bob