POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
9 Sep 2024 23:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2009 13:51:02
Message: <4985ef16@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:21:26 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2009 19:49:06 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>> <hands up>
>>
>>Is this a robbery? ;-)
>>
> No, just a donation to charity.

Oh, OK.  Don't forget to get a receipt for your tax return, then.

>>> Before we go, Eiffel Tower.
>>
>>OK, now we've been there, it's time to head back to England.  Let's
>>start from Le Havre.
>>
> You force me to go to Portsmouth.

Indeed, not a lot of choice there. :-)  Southampton.

>>Having had problems like that with various laptops, you have my
>>sympathies.
>
> No, I will try a restore of the system later today. You know this year
> I'll have worked in computing for 40 years and I've never gotten (:-)) a
> proper backup to work.

LOL, I hope there have been other sysadmins available who have managed a
backup. :-)

A crashed hard drive, though, is a great way to clear the cruft off the
drive.  It's just too bad it takes the other stuff away as well.

I was installing X-Plane (a really good flight sim) on my system here,
and ran out of disk space; installing all the scenery requires 70 GB of
space (it comes on 6 DL DVDs).  I started digging through the drive and
found a whole bunch of old junk I no longer needed.

Probably better than a hard drive crash, too.  :-)

Jim