POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Feb 2009 10:40:00
Message: <4985c250$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Or, in other words, "We're number one, why try harder?"

Yep. Which is why people get irritated.

>> instead of being asked in the first place,
>
> The sort of stuff you were talking about changing above, it *does* ask
> you in the first place, if you get the version of the installer that you
> use for things installed dozens of times instead of once. I.e., if
> you're actually working like you administer enough computers that
> changing them one at a time is problematic, you use the installer that
> asks you that stuff up front.

Uh.. Where would this installer be? Oh, right... probably on the
"corporate" multi-license version that most of us don't have access to... ;)

 > Errrr... \windows\prefetch is there? You didn't notice?  You never
 > looked at the add/remove programs window and noticed it told you how
 > often you used the program?
 >
 > "I never noticed it" isn't the same as "it isn't there."

Still doesn't imply that the defragger is "aware" of that data and uses
it. It didn't for a "long" time, much as Paint was "stuck" in 256 mode
until XP, and not(e)pad was stuck with a 32k limit until the same. So,
maybe they made them better in XP and Vista. Good for them, its about
fracking time!! lol

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {