POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Jan 2009 20:09:57
Message: <4984f665$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> "You may need to reboot the machine after this install.",

Note the word "may".   If you're using the file it needs to update while the
update runs, you'll need to reboot.  Otherwise, the system stops the
service, installs the patches, and starts up the service again, etc.

> followed by a reminder that would pop up every 5 minutes, if I told it
> "not now", when it asked if I wanted to do it? Doesn't seem to have
> "improved" one bit for me...

Well, for one thing, you're still running XP, right? The OS *after* XP is
already approaching the end of the period when MS sells it.

And again, confirmation bias. I've noticed a tremendous improvement in how
long I can go without rebooting things.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"