POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Jan 2009 19:11:20
Message: <4984e8a8$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> This "Can be" changed, but doing so is a bit... obscure, and
> it **won't** move the folder contents that are already there.

That isn't what we're talking about. You're talking about changing the
setting that says basically what the environment variables get set to. We're
talking about mounting a partition as a directory, just like the "mount"
command in Linux.  Same path, different drive.

> Basically, its way more complicated than it needed to be, and doesn't do
> some of the things you "might" presume makes some sort of sense, like
> taking "existing" documents, belonging to that user, and moving them
> too, not just the "mount point"...

I was pretty sure it moved the directory if you went thru the normal GUI to
do that, but maybe not.

> its not a true
> mount, which would also move not just the symbolic lookup, but the
> "logical" location of the files,

You're not talking about the same thing we are. And they fixed this in Vista
anyway.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"