POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Jan 2009 18:17:32
Message: <4984dc0c$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Why in the hell would I ever want something that is "finished", in any
>> such sense.
>
> I dunno. My TV, Microwave, and automobile are all "finished".
>
>> updates without rebooting, (thought XP and Vista wasn't supposed to
>> need that BS so much any more?),
>
> They don't.

Really? Why is it that I have my machine on 24/7 now on broadband, so I
get "every" update as it comes out, yet I can count on one hand the
number of updates in the last year that didn't including "something"
that had, "You may need to reboot the machine after this install.",
followed by a reminder that would pop up every 5 minutes, if I told it
"not now", when it asked if I wanted to do it? Doesn't seem to have
"improved" one bit for me...

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {