POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Jan 2009 14:23:21
Message: <498353a9@news.povray.org>
>> Fixing every tiny bug might be infeasible, but you'd think they could
>> at least fix the huge ones.
>
> Like what? That you had *one* document that was corrupt and couldn't be
> opened?

Hahaha. Oh yeah, one document. Because, in the time I've been using
Word, it has only ever screwed up one document. Ha. If only...

> Your hyperbole is amusing. "I hit a bug in Word. Therefore, neither
> performance nor reliability is worth spending *any* time working on."

Have you noticed that every version of Windows/Word/Access/whatever has
been slower than the one before?

I've yet to see anybody complain about Excel crashing (I assume it must
do occasionally), but Word is legendary for its instability. You act
like I'm making this up or something...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/