POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Jan 2009 14:01:40
Message: <49834e94$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:53:28 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I'm guessing also that a lot of those pointless Flash games and
>>> similar only work well in IE.
>>
>> Um, not if they're Flash games....Flash runs in Firefox....
>
> And how much do you want to bet that the entire site markup is only
> tested with IE?

Anyone who designs a website and doesn't run it through a W3C checker is
asking for trouble.  Given that Firefox has increased marketshare in the
past year, not working with FF is going to increasingly become more of an
issue for those sites.

That said, I've also not had a problem with *any* of the pointless Flash
games not running on Linux.

But all the professional web developers I use test with multiple browsers
and operating systems.

Jim