POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 04:41:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Jan 2009 12:49:03
Message: <49833d8f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I've yet to meet anybody who thinks MS's prices are reasonable. (OTOH,

> everybody wants things to be cheaper, so I guess that's not saying a lo
t.)

No. You know *lots* of people who think it's reasonable. You've also met

lots of people who would rather pay less.

Everyone at your office who actually bought Microsoft products thinks the

price was reasonable.

> Windows itself usually doesn't crash much if at all, provided you're
> careful with it. But Office? I've seen it crash more than 18 times per

> day. :-P

Aren't you running the one that's like ten years old?  Office 97 or somet
hing?

> Also...
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/123456
>
> M$ Office 2007, full package, £350.

If you buy it one-off, it's pretty expensive. But given that you're buyin
something like 8 programs, it's not all that bad. And it does a lot more

than Nero does. If you really need a business contact manager, then a
half-day's pay for software that handles all your business presentation
needs isn't that bad.

> If you think that's "cheap", then good for you.

It is for a professional.

> To me, that seems seriously steep.

You're not a professional.

> Hell, the super-dupa-ultra-mega edition of Nero only
> costs £40 or so, and everybody complains about how over-priced tha
t is.

Except, you know, the people who are professionals at producing CDs, perh
aps.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"